IAG Membership Benefits
By joining the Institute of Australian Geographers (IAG) you are helping achieve the Institute’s aim of advancing geographic knowledge, promoting geography, and recognising achievements made by geographers in schools, universities, research organisations, public policy arenas, and the community generally.
When you become a member of the IAG you receive several entitlements:
- access to our journal Geographical Research, the IAG’s international journal;
- issues of the IAG Newsletter;
- reduced registration fees at the IAG annual conference;
- eligibility to join up to three study groups and to participate in IAG-funded study group events;
- opportunities to network via the IAG-List, IAG's LinkedIn and Social media (IAG's Facebook Site and IAG's X and Geographical Research's X); and
- access via Council to other important geographical bodies including the National Committee for Geographical Sciences (Australian Academy of Science), and the International Geographical Union.
Your membership also supports the IAG to do the following:
- recognise outstanding individual contributions to geography and the IAG with a variety of medals and awards;
- make submissions on behalf of geography and geographers on matters such as human and animal research ethics, geography in primary and secondary schools, the statistical classification of geographical research, and the assessment of research impact;
- promote the discipline of geography in Australian universities and internationally;
- support and encourage postgraduate students; and
- communicate geography and what geographers do to the media, decision-makers and the general community.
Click to Join or Renew Now
Members can join Study Groups
Find out more about IAG Study Groups. Members can join up to three groups.
Annual IAG conference
The IAG 2024 conference is in Adelaide. Members receive a conference discount. Read more.