IAG2023: CALL FOR IAG TRAVEL GRANTS FOR POSTGRADUATE MEMBERS
The IAG supports the active participation of its postgraduate members.
To further this aim the IAG provides travel grants to assist eligible Research Higher Degree students to attend the annual IAG National Conference.
The IAG is delighted to be supporting the attendance of postgraduate members at
The IAG Conference in Perth, WA, 4-7 July 2023
The following describes the selection criteria and application process for postgraduate members of the IAG who wish to apply for funding to attend.
Eligibility criteria and award conditions:
To be eligible for an IAG Postgraduate Travel Grant you must be:
- a current financial member of the IAG (note: applications from student members outside Australia will be considered);
- enrolled in either a Masters degree (Research) or a Doctoral degree on the date you apply for funding;
- presenting a paper at the conference;
- registered to attend the conference for its full duration; and,
- able to submit a 500 word ‘reflection’ report to the IAG within 30 days of attending the conference.
Travel grants are awarded at the discretion of the IAG Council. Whilst the total sum awarded is generous, the amount of each individual grant will vary depending on the number and location of applicants as a tiered system of funding is employed according to distance travelled to and from the event. In previous years individual grants have rarely exceeded several hundred dollars per applicant. Students are encouraged to pursue other sources of funding support if needed as well as refundable options for any expense.
How to apply for funding:
Complete the application form by going to the IAG website, logging in with your member details, and then click on the following link by Friday 5 May, 2023: https://www.iag.org.au/index.cfm?display=812192
You must also attach to the form:
- evidence of your registration at the conference;
- advice of the acceptance of your paper (where available);
- a copy of your paper’s abstract and title;
- proof of your enrolment in either a Masters degree (Research) or a Doctoral degree, and
- banking details (Name of Bank, BSB, account number, name of account).
After the Conference:
Grant recipients must write a 500 word ‘reflection’ report outlining your participation in the conference, your reflections on the conference and detail how you spent the grant money.