IAG Travel Grants for Early Career Members to present at the International Geographical Congress
Early Career Travel Grant
The IAG provides travel grants to assist eligible early career/junior geographers (within 8 years of graduating with a geography degree) to present at the International Geographical Congress (IGU) held by the International Geographical Union (IGU).
Eligibility criteria and award conditions
To be eligible for an Early Career Travel Grant you must be:
- An Australian citizen/permanent resident;
- a current financial member of the IAG;
- within 8 years of graduating with a degree in Geography;
- presenting a paper at the conference;
- registered to attend the conference for its full duration; and
- able to submit a 500 word ‘reflection’ report for the IAG Council.
A condition of the grant is that recipients write a 500 word report for the IAG Council, post conference. The report should outline the grant recipient's participation in the Congress, reflections on the Congress, and a budget acquittal. Reports should be submitted to the Vice-President (Past President) within 30 days of the conclusion of the Congress. The report may be reproduced in part or in full in the IAG Newsletter.
This grant will next be called in 2022.