Call for Nominations for Awards & Medals of the IAG
Nominations are sought the following awards:
- The GRIFFITH TAYLOR MEDAL is awarded for distinguished contributions to geography in Australia.
- The AUSTRALIA-INTERNATIONAL MEDAL is for outstanding contributions by Australian geographers to geography world-wide, or by geographers outside Australia to the geography of Australia.
- The IAG AWARD FOR TEACHING LEADERSHIP AND SCHOLARSHIP (‘ATLAS’ AWARD) recognises excellence in leadership and/or scholarship in teaching, including communication and/or promotion of engagement in geography.
- The IAG PRESIDENT’S LEADERSHIP AWARD FOR CONTRIBUTION BY AN EARLY CAREER SCHOLAR (‘PLACE’ AWARD) recognises excellence in contributions to geography made by Early career members of the Institute.
- The WILLIAM JONAS AWARD recognises excellence in significant contributions made to Indigenous geographies and/or to geography by Indigenous geographers.
- The IAG AWARD FOR DISSERTATION EXCELLENCE recognises excellence in a research dissertation, at Honours, Masters or PhD level, and the contribution that the student has made to the discipline of Geography.
- A DISTINGUISHED FELLOWSHIP OF THE INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHERS (DFIAG) is awarded for distinguished service to Australian geography through furthering the aims of the Institute.
- A FELLOWSHIP OF THE INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHERS (FIAG) recognizes sustained and significant contributions made to geography.
Further details of all awards, including nomination details and requirements, are available from:
[Council is aware that many members are still under increased workload pressure to have teaching/learning materials moved to online delivery mode, and/or have research and engagement activities substantially changed. With respect to the recent call for nominations for awards and medals of the IAG sent on 6th March, Council will again extend the deadline for nominations, in order to allow members more time.]
The new deadline is Friday 15th May, 2020.
Nominations should be sent to the Honorary Secretary, Jennifer Carter, at firstname.lastname@example.org