The William Jonas Award
Recognises excellence in significant contributions made to Indigenous geographies; and/or excellence in significant contributions made to the discipline of geography by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander geographers.
- Nominations will be invited each year.
- The prize is awarded for excellence in significant contributions made to Indigenous geographies and/or to the discipline of geography made by Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander geographers.
- Members may self-nominate for the award, or be nominated by another member. If self-nominating, then the nomination must include contact details of one referee who must be a member of the Institute.
The nomination should take the following form:
- A full statement (no more than 1000 words) describing the contribution that is deserving of recognition, and the nominee’s suitability for the award;
- An additional 150 word summary of the contribution;
- Attached independent evidence of the nature, extent and impact of the contribution; and
- Evidence of eligibility.
To be eligible for the William Jonas Award, the nominee must be a current financial member of the IAG, or nominated by a current financial member.
The award will comprise a framed certificate.
Click here for William Jonas Award Recipients.