The IAG Presidents’ Leadership Award for Contribution by an Early career scholar (PLACE)
This award recognises excellence in any area of geographic scholarship or academic endeavour contributing to the discipline of geography including but not limited to research, teaching, engagement, and/or service. The contribution may relate to a single activity, output, and/or combination or cumulative activities/outputs.
Members may nominate for the award or be nominated by another member. If self-nominating, then the nomination must include contact details of one referee who must be a member of the Institute. The nomination should take the following form:
- a full statement of no more than 1,000 words describing the contribution that is deserving of recognition, and the nominee’s suitability for the award;
- an additional 150-word summary of the contribution;
- attached independent evidence of the nature, extent, and impact of the contribution; and
- evidence of eligibility.
To be eligible for the PLACE, the nominee must be:
- an early career scholar, as currently defined by the relevant Australian research frameworks; and
- a current financial member of the IAG.
The award will comprise a framed certificate.