You are not logged in. Log in here to use member services.
The Institute of Australian Geographers represents geography and those who contribute to it in Australia. The aims of the Institute, as set out in the constitution, are:
- to promote the study and practice of geography in Australia
- to advance the study of Australian geography internationally
- to hold and sponsor meetings and conferences to present, discuss and disseminate geographical studies and research
- to publish the results of geographical research in a journal
- to represent the interests of professional geographers in Australia, and
- to co-operate with other organisations having kindred purposes
Members of the IAG include geographers employed in universities and research organisations, teachers, postgraduate students, geographers in local, state and national government departments and agencies or in the business sector, and people with just a serious interest in the subject. The links to the left and at the top of this page will enable you to find specific information on our activities, and about geography generally.
Details of the most recently published papers in the Institute’s journal, Geographical Research, are available via an RSS feed. The RSS feed includes information on each paper’s title and author as well as an abstract of content. The feed is updated immediately any new paper is available.
You can sign up for RSS feeds at:
Alternatively you can view the latest article RSS feed to the IAG website at: