The IAG Conference
The IAG Conference is the annual meeting of the Institute of Australian Geographers, aiming to promote and advance the discipline of geography. Participants from academic, non-profit, government, business, research, and other institutional backgrounds are encouraged to attend.
- Information about the Fay Gale AO Memorial Lecture
- Read about the IAG Conference Message Stick - History and Protocol
- Information about the Postgraduate Travel Grant
- Listing of Past IAG Conferences
Forthcoming IAG Conferences:
* 2023: IAG2023 is co-hosted by Curtin University, and the University of Western Australia.
It will be held in the new Design and Built Environment building on Curtin University’s Bentley Campus.
- Please put these dates in your diary from 4-7 July 2023.
- More information is coming soon on our IAG2023 Conference Website.
- There will also be a pre-conference workshop for Geography HDR students and field trips and other events around the conference.
- We are also pleased to share the IAG2023 Conference theme - Conference Theme: Coexistence, Collaboration and Geography
* YOU ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT A CALL TO SESSION: Session Submission Information
The conference theme of ‘Coexistence and Collaboration’ fosters an inclusive approach to the wonderful disciplinary diversity Geography offers, spanning physical, spatial and human geography and academic and practitioner perspectives. We welcome nominations across the breadth and depth of geography and in the spirit of the conference theme of ‘coexistence, collaboration and geography.
* IMPORTANT DATES: